Pages

Saturday, September 04, 2004

Club Championship at Olympic View

Today I played the first day of the two-day club championship at Olympic View Golf Course.

Today I carded a 97 (my handicap index of 16.7 translates to 19 strokes at OV) for a net 78, six over par.

Not one of my better outings, although I did stop the really disastrous holes (...I scored a 10 on the 9th...) after the front nine.

Tomorrow's another day and my gross (no pun intended) score today means I'll have an early start tomorrow ;-)

At the risk of antagonizing the golf gods, I'll also add that were I able to somehow score an eagle on the 4-par 8th, it'd card as a 0.

Rest assured you'll hear all about it should the aforementioned deem me worthy.

NOTE: Suffice it to say that Day 2 of the tourney was only marginally better (2 strokes when all said and done) than Day 1. I did much better on the first nine than I had, but scored too many big numbers on the back.

I've definitely left myself some room for improvement for next year.

No comments: