Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2004

A post from a snowy Calgary, AB.

I'm in at the office taking care of some last minute arrangements before my move to Victoria in the morning. I have mixed feelings about the impending move -- for one I'm really going to miss the interaction I've enjoyed with colleagues here in the Calgary offices of SMART Technologies Inc.

The good news is that I'll be able to continue to work for SMART while based in Victoria. Thanks to my employer for their flexibility in accommodating my situation with this arrangement. Travel to and from Victoria will be a little more difficult, in terms of connections and such, than it is from Calgary, but I'm hoping it doesn't prove too onerous.

One thing I won't miss is shovelling snow, although not having the mountains an hour away for skiing and 'boarding might be a bit of an issue.

All in all I think the move will be a good thing. I didn't realize how much I missed being around water until I was close to it again over the last couple of weeks while in Victoria. As always, watch this space for updates.

NOTE: Special thanks to all those in attendance for last night's send-off -- had a great time!

No comments: