Pages

Monday, November 24, 2003

Today was a dream at work.

I got to set-up the 3000i in the lobby of the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise following a stint with the Communications team at the hill.

I'd awaken at 5:20 -- ten minutes before the alarm -- much as I do when "on the road" w/ SMART. Perfect. Finally I was going to be early (knowing I'll be in one place for 19 days, and this mountain air have been conking me out ) then I awoke at 7:24, a full 24 minutes after scheduled opening. YIKES!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to Rick Elves; Brett and Sheena Holt; and Dale Plum for having my back in the Communications trailer this morning. It's been a long while since I've had a jolt like that ;-)

Notwithstanding the startling start, my day was great. The afternoon at the Chateau was really something. In the lobby of a rail-baron-built castle, surrounded by snow-covered mountains. That and the fact that our stuff is so cool I had to interrupt my set-up three times to answer questions and requests for demos.

And while there's no doubt our hardware is truly "state-of-the-art" our software's even more amazing.

I often talk about how lucky I am for the work/school connection I have; I'd say the work/volunteer one's even better ;-)

For those of you "in the hood," the snow's better in the Canadian Rockies than it's been for a long time.

No comments: