Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2003

Another missive from the road -- this time Arlington, VA.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to post, which is really too bad.... Today's approach to Reagan National Airport took us over the Washington Monument and the Jefferson and Lincoln Memorials, as well as a nice view of the National Mall and Capitol in the background.

Here's a map showing the relative locations of the sites listed.

I scrambled to grab my camera out of my bag and snap a pic or two only to discover that the batteries were dead. Too bad, would have made a nice picture. I may try to get out to get some pictures before I leave the area on Saturday morning.

On the topic of "missed photo ops" -- I had dinner last night, compliments of Mark and Kate, at Le Mont Restaurant in Pittsburgh, PA.

I can't thank them enough for their hospitality and treating me to a "Five Star" experience. The company, the food and view of the city at night were truly spectacular and an experience I'll not soon forget.

Visit the restaurant's link above to see a daytime picture of the view from the restaurant. As you might imagine, the view after dark is magical.

No comments: