Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2003

A post from Stafford, VA.

I'm here ahead of tomorrow's session for educators at a juvenile detention center in the area. I'm really looking forward to working with faculty and staff at the center and am especially keen to compare notes on their experiences working with "at risk" youth.

I have experience -- "in a galaxy far far away, a long time ago" -- working with "behaviorally exceptional" youth and I'm really excited by the prospect of relating what I know about "reaching out" to special needs populations and how the SMART Board(TM) interactive whiteboard might be used to engage what can be very challenging audiences.

I'm very interested in hearing the thoughts of faculty and staff regarding the transformational power of curriculum they deliver to their students, and how we can work together to integrate the SMART Board(TM) interactive whiteboard into the mix.

I'm happy to report that my hotel and the site of tomorrow's session are with power and have managed to "weather the storm" Isabel brought to the area. I've just seen on the local news that many in the area are still without power.

I'm sure that crews are doing all they can to restore power, but I'm also sure that those without have had enough of "lights out." Here's hoping that all subscribers have power returned soon.

No comments: