Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2003

Today I learned that connecting webCams is a "non-trivial" -- as our programmers call them -- problem when it comes to my webMedia exploits.

Better have the feed if you intend to 'cast moving video. I was wrangling with XP and v6 of MSN Messenger. The camera I've been using all along wouldn't work, so I pulled out the ATI "All-in-wonder-USB" card and hooked-up my Olympus C720.

It took a bit o' work, but I was able to get a feed going for a while.

The point of all the "technological hijinx" is that I'm intent on generating the "on-line self-organizing social systems" (Wiley 2002) I've been going-on about since the beginning of this diary.

Today I was looking at the examples posted on this page, hosted by TechSmith and it got me thinking about my Objects in Action page.

My "objects" above are by no means exemplars; however, I'd love to see what some motivated on-line educational researchers could do with our software @ SMART Technologies Inc.

If nothing else, I hope it encourages you to say, "I can do better than that." Even better if you post examples ;-) Let's see what you've made on SMART Board(TM) interactive whiteboards and software.

No comments: