Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2003


Made it back to Calgary. The temperature here is about 20 degrees cooler than it was in Ottawa when I left.

Head to San Diego in the morning -- hope to get my 20 degrees back with interest ;-) I'm down there to deliver training and check out the ASTD's annual conference. Stop by the SMART Technologies Inc. booth -- #1837 [I'll be at the conference for most of the day on Wednesday] to say hello if you're in the 'hood.

Had a great weekend in the Ottawa Valley. The party last night was a blast. Great to see "all hands on deck" and get the chance to visit with some I hadn't seen in a decade or more.

Managed to mix a little "work" into the trip as well, although meeting over wine with two colleagues I'd only interacted with on-line hardly qualifies as work ;-)

James Mercer and Lynn Holden are doing some great work in multimedia and virtual reality. I'm excited to have the opportunity to work with them and members of their community and am especially interested in working with them on synchronous delivery models. James' concept of the Thinking Fish is fascinating.

James was a colleague in my most recent course at OISE/UT. It was a blast working with him and his students at Arnprior District High School this semester and I look forward to working with him and colleagues into the future.

No comments: