Pages

Saturday, February 01, 2003


Well we're 1/2 an hour into today's proposed chat time and I'm the only one in the chat interface. Not sure what to do -- I've logged on a couple of times and see each "instance of me" appear in the chat interface as I do, but only me so far.

I've checked into the class conferencing software as well, but no sign of any of the gang. This is the most challenging aspect of the whole synchronous experience -- getting others to "play along" at the same time. At least in asynchronous environments one can post and respond at one' leisure. As those who've tried know, it takes two (or more) to chat synchronously ;-).

The next question is, how long do you hang around waiting for things to get under way? By my calculation, I'm now 32 minutes into the prescribed 120. I'll hang out for a while and hope that I encounter some "colleagues in cyberspace."

Picture of me as I look for colleagues from school on-line. Where are they?

No comments: