Pages

Monday, October 07, 2002


A post from Toronto, ON.

I'm here working the World Workplace tradeshow. It's been a number of years since I've been in Toronto (I completed my undergrad at the University of Toronto in 1990) and the city has changed. Maybe it hasn't changed that much -- it may be more that I'm not used to the congestion in traffic and what seems to be limitless road construction.

I attended Homecoming festivities at the University of Toronto on Saturday and had the good fortune to attend a lecture given by Dr. Kim Vicentes on "human factors" as they relate to computers. I'm intrigued by the work being done by Dr. Vicentes and his colleagues. I'll post more information here in the days to come.

While in Toronto this week I hope to be able to visit OISE and resolve the registration problems I'm having regarding the courses I need to complete my M.Ed. While I welcome this opportunity, I'm disappointed that a "face-to-face" visit to the school seems required.

I'd truly hoped that I'd be able to complete my degree entirely online, and still hope to complete coursework online, I'm disappointed that I have to "resort" to visiting the campus to resolve the problems I'm having.

No comments: