Pages

Wednesday, April 03, 2002

I posted this to OISE/UT 1602S a couple of minutes ago:

Quick post to advise of a particularly nasty case of linkrot I encountered with my site. To this point, I've only seen the term used in reference to dead links.

Tonight I was checking the links on my pages to see that all was well, links working and such, and I clicked on "Map" of Learning Styles by Universal Educator, LLC at http://home.oise.utoronto.ca/~dsymington/LearningStyles.html.

The time it took to load should have been a clue. Anyway, rather than merely being dead -- it forwarded me to gamblingnuts.com which immediately opened a cascade of popup windows. I had to shut down IE to escape.

Anyway, I'm about to remove it and wanted to post this as an apology to anyone inconvenienced by this nasty link.

No comments: