Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2002


Five days a week -- week in, week out, for the year and a half that I've been a subscriber -- I'm extremely impressed with the consistency and the quality of the Daily Links produced by elearningpost.com.

The link to
Training Magazine: Stories, Curricula, Master's Degrees and Dragon Slaying Roger Schank explains how story-centered curriculums better prepare university students for work in the real world.
is no exception.

The article provides an overview of the state of the art of Story Centered Curriculum (SCC), a concept pioneered by Dr. Schank. Following "the links within the link" -- one of my favourite activities associated with each edition of Daily Links -- led to socraticarts.com and these links:

The concept of SCC "makes sense to me." I draw a connection between it and the Problem Based Learning model discussed in this blog yesterday.

NOTE: More about SCC and the connections I see to course readings for OISE/UT CTL 1602 -- Introduction to Computer Applications in Education -- in a subsequent post.

No comments: